Part of my mission is to help you to create a purposeful life that is based upon your unique design. The aim of my executive coaching is to assist you to bridge the gap from where you are now to where you are destined and purposed to be. This will lead to a life of real meaning and direction – an adventure where you align your journey with your higher or deeper destiny.
Brief or longer term executive coaching
In the case of high impact, short-term coaching (2-5 sessions) the contact sessions are focused on specific growth areas and outcomes. The role of the coach is to be a catalyst and to guide the coachee (person receiving coaching) to get unstuck, find perspective and clear direction, and to commit to actions towards his/her goals.
When I do longer term coaching (3-10 sessions) I work with coachees who want to expand their lives, accelerate their personal growth, and achieve fulfillment and personal satisfaction. Some individuals are over-extended and seek balance between work, home and recreation. Other individuals struggle with career or life transitions, an existential crisis, or their true identity and purpose.
Solution focused approach
Executive Coaching is not so much about overcoming or avoiding problems (negative) but finding and making our way to a desired future (positive destiny). One of the main principles of effectively helping people is to be intentionally solution focused.
Solution Focused Coaching is an approach to help people deal actively with practical problems or challenges in their lives. In this approach I accentuate the positives in the present and the past to solve practical challenges the person is facing now. I try to draw energy from the person’s successes in the past and empower him to use his own strengths to solve his problems. It is therefore a practical and creative process.
- We will focus more on solution-finding and creating your future than dwelling in the past and doing problem-analysis. In this process we are more interested in your strengths that empowers you than your weaknesses that holds you back.
- The coachee is responsible for his own life and should define his own goals for the situation at hand.
- Your identity determines your destiny.
- People have strengths, insights, past experiences and abilities which they can use to solve their own problems. My role is to empower them to do just that.
- Your future does not have to be the result of your past – you are not a slave of the past (unless you choose to be).
- Usually it is not necessary to know too much detail about a problem to be able to solve it.
- Most often, only a small change is necessary, which will impact the bigger system and produce results.
- It is not true that “one size fits all” but rather: “different strokes for different okes”.
- As a Christian coach I am a change-agent who facilitates and reinforces positive change so that you can live the life God has in stall for you.
Specific areas of executive coaching
As a coach I often provide assistance in the following areas:
- Career or Life Transitions & change management
- Setting and reaching goals
- Strategic Planning
- Decision Making
- Finding balance and fulfillment in life
- Discovering your unique design & potential
- Finding meaning and growing in spiritual intelligence
- Restructuring of your life and getting organized
- Emotional management
- Relational growth
- Time and Stress Management
- Vision and Leadership
- Motivation of employees
If your situation requires a total restructuring or re-planning of your life, the process may include an assessment of your skills, abilities, motivations, interests, values, experience, and accomplishments.
You may ask: what results will I experience? Most coachees find greater joy and peace in life. In summary, Coaching can help you to align your life with your unique design and values, advance your career, setting goals and achieve them, getting “unstuck”, resolve relationship issues, perhaps earn more money, and improve the overall quality of your life.
Do you want to find out more about my coaching approach and want to get help, get in touch with me.
Read more about executive coaching in my blog.